Thursday, January 12, 2012

Spring chickens get loose

After days of preparation and stocking the View with months worth of food we finally flew the coup at 8 this morning. Stopped for fuel at noon and found a 5 Guys hamburger shop. Had a great hamburger and peanuts, on returning to the View I could not find my keys, went back to 5 G's and had all the nice folks there help with the key search to no avail. Then searched the parking lot, no luck, one more search of the 5 G's restroom, gave them our phone number to call if they found them(have a spare key). While eating the hamburger Nita said I had mayo running down the corner of my mouth, took out my trusty handkerchief and mopped up, then returned it to my rear pocket. You guessed it, jammed the handkerchief on top of the keys I thought were lost. With renewed spirits we hit the road again. No pics of the chicks today. Shooting for a campground in the Ocala National Forest tomorrow pm.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Florence, NC

1 comment: