Saturday, March 24, 2012

Going home, to rush or not to rush

The day we wrapped up the Shark Valley visit we spent the night in the Big Cypress National Preserve 20 minutes away. The next morning we drove most of the day to the Ocala National Forest to one of our favorite parks called Salt Springs, we wanted to spend 2 nights there, however Nita says this morning let's go on. So we drove most of today and are now getting ready for bed in Florence, SC. Have now decided to get an early start in the morning and drive the final 450 miles home. I think it would be fun to take the MH to Alaska, but with 6000 miles up and the same back figure we would probably kill ourselves on the way home trying to drive 1000 miles a day.

We have a lot of catching up to do and getting ready for, our granddaughter Heidi's wedding, friends 90th birthday party, taxes, boxes of mail, accident repairs ( got sideswiped on I95), etc., the 11 weeks went fast and were fun.

Thanks If you are one of those rare folks who read this blog, at least I know my sister for one reads it, when I don't post for a few days I get an email from her wanting to know if I'm still alive. Anyway, unless something interesting happens on the the final leg home tomorrow there will be no more posts till the next trip. When we figure it out will let you know. Bye for now.



Could make a few bowls out of this Short Leaf Fig tree growing inKey West

1 comment:

  1. Well, darlin', I certainly have enjoyed all the pictures and comments that you put on your blog. Know others did also -- just didn't take the time to comment. So on their behalf, I also thank you. Know you'll be happy to be home. Lots of activity awaiting you there. Have a safe journey.
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete