Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cracked Head

The blog posts have been a little slow this past week due to not a lot of exciting things to report. We have been enjoying the great weather here at Sebastian Inlet and I have been running around getting some fishing gear together. The inlet provides some great fishing, we are parked About 30 feet from the inlet and I'm fishing right there. Have been waiting for some great fish pictures to post but my catches of blowfish and bluefish don't warrant pictures. The fish picture below is the best I can do so far.

What else has been exciting? The MH has large rear view mirrors that stick out at about head level. I wear a large floppy brim hat that limits upward visibility. Several days ago I went out to join Nita sitting in the sun with a cup of tea in my hand, bent down to set the cup on the running board and whacked the mirror with my forehead. Staggered a little bit and spoke harshly to the mirror. For some reason Nita thought the whole scene was exceptionally funny, laughing so hard it brought tears to her eyes. Even worse when I showed her the large knot rising on my forehead the hysterical laughter started again. Something is wrong here, I'm hurting fiercely and she is getting great joy out of it, go figure. As you can see not a lot of exciting stuff to blog on.





Fish for dinner, frozen Alaskan salmon. See that big heavy mirror sticking out.





Our sunset view each evening at 6:05





The Sebastian Inlet looking toward the Indian River, campground just beyond the point on the right.





The inlet looking out to the ocean. If one has heavy tackle the fishing is very good on the jetty.





Click on the pelican to enlarge and note his pretty eye and yellow feathers

No comments:

Post a Comment