Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fish tacos and more

At the Sebastian Inlet campground I could hop on my bicycle with a fishing rod loaded with a silver spoon lure and be on the jetty in 5 minutes. The tidal turbulence at the end of the jetty attracts a number of different fish gorging on smaller fish. At 4pm yesterday I hopped on the bike , caught 2 two pound bluefish in about 15 minutes, hopped back on the bike with rod and 2 squirming fish in a plastic bag, stopped by the cleaning table, with pelicans, then arrived back at camp with some nice filets. Coated the filets with taco seasoning, sautéd them in olive oil, wow what great fish tacos. The day before made the catch and dipped the filets in pancake batter mixed with lemon pepper seasoning, sautéd in olive oil and had another wow dinner. Think I'm bragging too much, ask Nita, had to scramble to get my share. Darn, forgot to take pictures.



1 comment: