Monday, September 9, 2013

Wandering around Grand Marais before the rally

GM is a very popular town, it has a protected harbor from the lake for a marina, fishing, hiking trails, climbing, winter snowmobiling, etc.


A little treacherous walk out to the harbor light house


Easter Island or just some kids handy work?



Well, just had to make sure they weren't lying, had to eat 3 too make sure, think they're right.


Ran across several painters around town, tried to strike up a conversation with this gal, she was either deaf, didn't speak English or didn't like me and didn't respond. One of my personality flaws I guess.



These folks had just harvested the wild rice and were heating it to dry so the husk could be removed, then they will winnow it. I hesitated to tell them the local grocery had it for less than a dollar a box(maybe I learned something from my encounter with the artist above). Note the nice birch bark baskets in upper right corner.


The beach here is flat red rocks. Flew my stunt kite here and unlike a soft sandy beach the crashes here did damage to the kite, have some repair work to do.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment