Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Our hometown

Nita and I were born in KC, MO, we left there at a tender age in 1951. It was nice to visit and see some of the familiar and unfamiliar sites. I have 2 nephews living there and it's always fun visiting with them. Nita has a sister over on the Kansas side and we visited her the following day.





My nephews and their wives, Craig, Cindy, Nita, Linda and David standing in front of the new WW1 Museum. Just behind the group pavers have been laid commemorating the WW1 veterans. David organized the effort to get a paver for his grandfather, my father, placed there. Nice job David, and thanks for touring around town to see it.











The Roadside America web site lists interesting and odd places to see around the country . This is monument in a cemetery in Liberty, MO. A young boy died at the age of 9 whose nickname was Rhino.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment